At Pursuit, we set out to make a great suit-buying experience centered around you, without the luxury price tag. From a fit that is uniquely yours to the ability to design every element to match your unique vision, Pursuit Custom allows us to guide you through the process of creating the right look for your biggest moments.
But Pursuit’s true success comes from making genuine connections with our customers and communities. We pride ourselves in suiting our customers for life’s biggest moments. Along the way, we get energy from hearing your story and the milestone moments while wearing your suit—today, we’re excited for you to meet Sammie Groom, owner of her very own Pursuit Custom Suit. Read more about why Sammie chose Pursuit Custom, which design options she chose, the story behind the suit and more.
1. Why did you ultimately choose Pursuit Custom over our in-stock choices? Was there a special event you bought it for?
I chose a custom outfit from Pursuit because I wanted the suit for my wedding to fit perfectly for my big day.
2. Tell us a little more about your suit—the color, the buttons or any other noteworthy details you feel like mentioning. Were the details inspired by something you saw, or did you go with your gut throughout the entire process?
My suit is a burgundy slim fit jacket and cropped trousers for a modern look that would help keep me cool in the Southern heat of North Carolina.
3. Any advice you could give to someone looking to create their very own custom suit?
My advice for folks looking to create their own custom suit is to do research about different types of styles! After doing my own research, I was able to discuss the styles I saw with the folks at Pursuit who then helped me narrow down my ideas for the perfect look.
4. Tell us a little more about the process. Were there any steps that surprised you? Any stories worth mentioning?
The process was super easy! Tyler made the fitting very comfortable, and he understood my style goals. He fitted my suit perfectly after explaining how I wanted the suit to fit, and he was super patient and made sure I was happy down to the last stitch.
5. What was your favorite part of the process?
My favorite part of the process was getting to see the final product!
6. Favorite style icon. Go!
Current fave style icon is Billy Porter!
7. Last, but certainly not least, what are you in pursuit of? In other words, what’s most meaningful to you?
I’m in pursuit of traveling and adventuring with my spouse and our two dogs!
*All photos by Alex Matzke