What was once a one-man class project at The Ohio State University has become a bona fide suit shop, stacked with many talented team members who have made Pursuit what it is today.
Why are we here? Through the years we have been humbled by the number of people who have chosen to make us a part of some of their biggest days. We have worked hard to build a collection of products just for you and to make getting your suits more than just an item on your checklist but rather a unique, meaningful, and fun experience. On the surface, Pursuit was formed to provide a stylish, modern alternative that focused on top-notch service and approachable advice without the luxury price tag. But deeper than that, Pursuit was formed from our customer’s stories that inspire us every day.
Who are we? Well, some of us began like you: as customers. Others landed on our doorstep through mutual friends. And we’d like for you to get to know us a little better—what we each do, where we come from, and what we’re excited about. Meet Anna Jackson:
1. Where are you originally from?
2. What do you do for Pursuit?
Officially, I’m the OTR Store Manager, but I’m learning to wear multiple hats as we grow and navigate the new location!
3. Favorite restaurant in Cincinnati. Go!
There are so many great restaurants popping up all over Cincy. My favorites right now are Aladdin’s Eatery and Pontiac in OTR.
4. What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever received?
Don’t get too comfortable. Continuously challenge yourself and surround yourself with driven individuals.
5. How did you first hear about Pursuit?
I first heard about Pursuit while I was living in Columbus for a short spurt in Spring 2018.
6. How long have you been working at Pursuit?
7. What’s the best part about working at Pursuit?
The Pursuit team is second to none. Working with a small team of such dedicated, forward-thinking individuals makes such a positive difference day to day. I also love hearing our customer’s stories as we are fitting them and seeing photos of our suits ‘in the wild’. People always look so confident in the finished product!
8. What’s your favorite Pursuit story? This could be from a noteworthy customer, a personal experience, an embarrassing moment, a team outing—anything!
Pursuit is full of great stories. My very first day I met the Columbus team, they had just announced that the Crew had been saved—and the great stories have just kept rolling in ever since. One of my favorites is one of our early customers who comes back in periodically and is just the most lovely human being, He always refers to the previous conversation we had.
9. What’s your biggest piece of advice you could give to a Pursuit customer?
Relax and have fun! Suit buying should not be a chore.
10. Last, but certainly not least, what are you in pursuit of? In other words, what’s most meaningful to you? What are you striving for outside of your job here at Pursuit?
I am in pursuit of experience, joy and confidence. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and forget to experience life as it is and appreciate the small things. In a time of significant transition, I’m keeping my sense of adventure alive and confidently moving forward 🙂
A huge thank you to Anna for taking the time to answer our questions. If you have any other questions for Anna, leave a comment below!