What was once a one-man class project at The Ohio State University has become a bona fide suit shop, stacked with many talented team members who have made Pursuit what it is today.
Why are we here? Through the years we have been humbled by the number of people who have chosen to make us a part of some of their biggest days. We have worked hard to build a collection of products just for you and to make getting your suits more than just an item on your checklist but rather a unique, meaningful, and fun experience. On the surface, Pursuit was formed to provide a stylish, modern alternative that focused on top-notch service and approachable advice without the luxury price tag. But deeper than that, Pursuit was formed from our customer’s stories that inspire us every day.
Who are we? Well, some of us began like you: as customers. Others landed on our doorstep through mutual friends. And we’d like for you to get to know us a little better—what we each do, where we come from, and what we’re excited about. Meet Austin McLaren:
1. Where are you originally from?
Outside the Chicago area
2. What do you do for Pursuit?
I’m the Store Specialist at our Columbus location. Honestly, I help with anything I can contribute to, whether customer-facing or back-end assistance.
3. Favorite restaurant in Columbus. Go!
This is a long list because we have so many great places to eat around here, but If I had to narrow it down, my current places I’m enjoying are Condados Tacos, as well as Hangry’s in Pickerington (I love their unique sliders).
4. What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever received?
Don’t take problems too seriously because stress can lead to more problems. Have fun with it and good work will follow.
5. How did you first hear about Pursuit?
I first heard about Pursuit after seeing their truck back in college, when they originally started.
6. How long have you been working at Pursuit?
7. What’s the best part about working at Pursuit?
The people and the environment make every day a great day to be at work.
8. What’s your favorite Pursuit story? This could be from a noteworthy customer, a personal experience, an embarrassing moment, a team outing—anything!
We had a customer come into the store wearing a Pursuit employee shirt who had never been to our store before. He also had an email with the word “pursuit” in the beginning of the address. We all thought he was pulling our leg, but as far as we know, he wasn’t—just the world’s biggest coincidence.
9. Last, but certainly not least, what are you in pursuit of? In other words, what’s most meaningful to you? What are you striving for outside of your job here at Pursuit?
I’m in Pursuit of a meaningful and fun career here at Pursuit to see where we can take this company.
A huge thank you to Austin for taking the time to answer our questions. If you have any other questions for Austin, leave a comment below!