What was once a one-man class project at The Ohio State University has become a bona fide suit shop, stacked with many talented team members who have made Pursuit what it is today.
Why are we here? Through the years we have been humbled by the number of people who have chosen to make us a part of some of their biggest days. We have worked hard to build a collection of products just for you and to make getting your suits more than just an item on your checklist but rather a unique, meaningful, and fun experience. On the surface, Pursuit was formed to provide a stylish, modern alternative that focused on top-notch service and approachable advice without the luxury price tag. But deeper than that, Pursuit was formed from our customer’s stories that inspire us every day.
Who are we? Well, some of us began like you: as customers. Others landed on our doorstep through mutual friends. And we’d like for you to get to know us a little better—what we each do, where we come from, and what we’re excited about. Meet Travis Cruse:
1. Where are you originally from?
Born and raised in Akron, Ohio. I went to the University of Cincinnati in 2011 and have lived here ever since!
2. What do you do for Pursuit?
Store Specialist. So, in addition to fitting gentlemen in suits, I make sure that they have a positive experience and want to come back!
3. Favorite restaurant in Cincinnati. Go!
So many! Dutch’s in Hyde Park, for their charcuterie and wine pairings. If you like sushi, Kaze in OTR is the place!
4. What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever received?
To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is unacceptable.
5. How did you first hear about Pursuit?
I first saw the job posting on Indeed. After seeing the initial post, I did a lot of research on social media and the Pursuit website to learn more. After seeing all of the positive reviews and posts online, I decided to apply.
6. How long have you been working at Pursuit?
Since November of 2018.
7. What’s the best part about working at Pursuit?
I love working for a small company where the owner and managers care about their employees. Nate always has an open door. If I ever needed to talk to him, he’s easily accessible.
8. What’s your favorite Pursuit story? This could be from a noteworthy customer, a personal experience, an embarrassing moment, a team outing—anything!
In OTR, we were lucky enough to host Bon Iver and his band for a custom suit fitting. They were all so nice and it was an experience I’ll always remember.
9. What’s your biggest piece of advice you could give to a Pursuit customer?
Be creative with your style! Suits don’t have to be something boring you wear to work!
10. Last, but certainly not least, what are you in pursuit of? In other words, what’s most meaningful to you? What are you striving for outside of your job here at Pursuit?
I’m in Pursuit of using my creativity to make a difference.
A huge thank you to Travis for taking the time to answer our questions. If you have any other questions for Travis, leave a comment below!