What was once a one-man class project at The Ohio State University has become a bona fide suit shop, stacked with many talented team members who have made Pursuit what it is today.
Why are we here? Through the years we have been humbled by the number of people who have chosen to make us a part of some of their biggest days. We have worked hard to build a collection of products just for you and to make getting your suits more than just an item on your checklist but rather a unique, meaningful, and fun experience. On the surface, Pursuit was formed to provide a stylish, modern alternative that focused on top-notch service and approachable advice without the luxury price tag. But deeper than that, Pursuit was formed from our customer’s stories that inspire us every day.
Who are we? Well, some of us began like you: as customers. Others landed on our doorstep through mutual friends. And we’d like for you to get to know us a little better—what we each do, where we come from, and what we’re excited about. Meet Tyler Phillips:
1. Where are you originally from?
Columbus, Ohio born and raised
2. What do you do for Pursuit?
All the things, to be honest. But the official title is Store Manager for the Columbus Location and Customer Experience Coordinator. If I’m not in the store, you can catch me working on our awesome community partnerships.
3. Favorite restaurant in Columbus. Go!
Lindey’s and Fukuryu Ramen
4. What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever received?
“Three things happen if you don’t ask, if you don’t try, and if you don’t move. The answer is always no, you’ll never finish anything, and you’ll remain stuck. So ask, try and move forward.” – my dad
5. How did you first hear about Pursuit?
I first heard about Pursuit while picking up friends from bars in the Gateway. I’m a small guy, so clothes that fit well are important to me. I was intrigued by their commitment to making well-fitting suits a priority.
6. How long have you been working at Pursuit?
Next month, it will be two years.
7. What’s the best part about working at Pursuit?
I have two answers: One is being able to work within a company that is interwoven with the fabric of a community. We see people from all walks of life and encounter a myriad of stories. It’s humbling that people associate us as apart of their story in a positive way. The second best thing about working at Pursuit is my co-workers. I work with THE best humans. Hands down.
8. What’s your favorite Pursuit story? This could be from a noteworthy customer, a personal experience, an embarrassing moment, a team outing—anything!
I’ve traveled to Toronto for the MLS Playoffs with the company, I’ve been invited to customer weddings, and I’ve even met some pretty influential individuals. But all time favorite Pursuit story? Probably witnessing and being apart of #SavetheCrew
9. What’s your biggest piece of advice you could give to a Pursuit customer?
Have an open mind when it comes to fashion.
10. Last, but certainly not least, what are you in pursuit of? In other words, what’s most meaningful to you? What are you striving for outside of your job here at Pursuit?
I’m in pursuit of the small moments of joy that make life memorable. Every day is an opportunity to find and make joy. I live for that.
A huge thank you to Tyler for taking the time to answer our questions. If you have any other questions for Tyler, leave a comment below!