The Short Version
• First phase of Pursuit Re-Opening begins July 1st at both shops!
• We have made big changes to minimize health risks for our customers and team
• Those changes include making our stores 100% by appointment for everything and limiting to only 1 suit fitting per appointment.
• Masks are required for all visitors and staff
• We have also improved our fitting process to get better results while decreasing time spent in proximity to our customers
• We will continue to offer online consults and are happy to answer any questions online to be sure we are helping prepare you for your big events
• Book your appointment now in Columbus or Cincinnati!
The Long Version
For more than three months our shops have remained closed but we are excited to announce that we are entering the first phase of re-opening on July 1st in Columbus and Cincinnati. Things will look a little different as we make changes to protect your/our health and because we have spent the past months hard at work on making improvements to how we run Pursuit.
I want to start by saying thank you to our supporters and customers for offering such grace and encouragement since March. We are excited to add in-person service back to our offering. This has certainly been the most challenging stretch we have faced in our nine years but your support helped us pull through and we can’t express how much that means to us.
What’s the same?
• We aim to give you a great suit that fits great, with great customer service in a way that is comfortable and safe.
What’s new, what’s different?
• All Visits by Appointment: in an effort to minimize contact we will only be hosting guests by appointment whether that is to discuss your wedding plans, browse our merchandise, purchase a suit, or pick-up your order.
• No Group Fittings: for the foreseeable future we will only be serving one customer at a time. Each customer can bring one guest but that guest won’t be fitted. We know many have come to love our wedding party group fittings but for the foreseeable future, those are suspended. If you’re looking to outfit your group you’ll need to have everyone book individual appointments.
• Enhanced Sanitizing: we’ll be doing an enhanced set of cleaning, sanitizing, and steaming of garments between all guests to reset the space for our next visitor.
• New ‘Low Touch’ Suit Fitting Process: we have spent weeks making dramatic improvements to our try-on approach to suit fittings. By analyzing data from thousands of past customers we were able to engineer a process that includes an assortment of pre-tailored try-ons with easy to use alteration markings, making fittings faster with less time needed for close contact, and with a much better preview of how your finished suit will fit.
• Smaller Team: the shutdown has forced us to shrink the size of our team in all locations, awesome people are no longer on the team, and that really hurts. We hope to bring more members of the team back as business rebounds but while our team is smaller than previous years we ask that you do your best to maintain schedules (for yourself and wedding parties) so we can be sure to get you the products and services you need without adding any stress to what is surely already a stressful planning experience.
• We’ll monitor developments with the virus and how it is impacting our business and will make changes or add more services when the situation dictates
• We have other exciting new developments in the works that we hope to roll out throughout the remainder of the summer and fall. Now isn’t the time but we promise we’ve been working hard on the next big things!
2020 has been a year to teach us all about who we really are and what matters most. We have missed the events, hearing your stories about the important life moments, we look forward to getting back to that in the stores!
Nate & The Pursuit Team