Store Manager—Short North
$52,000 to $60,000 / year
Paid time off
Meaningful bonus potential
Retirement account with company match
$4,000 new employee clothing allowance
Regular schedule with consecutive off days
Health care reimbursement program coming early 2022
Full Job Description
This is not your typical retail management job, this is a role leading the flagship location of one of Columbus’ favorite businesses. In this position you will work directly with thousands of amazing customers each year to outfit them for life’s biggest moments. You will quickly become their go-to expert for all things suits, professional attire, weddings, and more. All while learning the business—from the ground up—directly from our owner.
We see ourselves as a modern suit store with old-fashioned customer service and delivering on that expectation requires the perfect mix of style, systems, and spirit. We deliver suits and fashion consistently and impeccably through thoughtful processes we have developed over our decade in business. We operate our shops by appointment to allow a highly personalized experience while allowing your days to be structured and organized in a way that is unusual in the retail world. Retail can be chaotic and we aim to calm the chaos to allow for the best possible customer experience and work environment.
We don’t have a type and if you spend some time in our shops or on our social media you will see Pursuit values inclusivity—we aim to make everyone feel they are in the right place regardless of gender, race, size, style, or experience. You will interact with a wide variety of amazing people and will need to be able to connect with and relate with them all. We have developed a reputation around Ohio as one of the most inclusive wedding vendors which has given us the opportunity to outfit hundreds of wedding parties each year including many LGBTQIA+ weddings of all gender identities and sexual orientations. We take immense pride in making people feel welcome.
A role at Pursuit is not just a job. We take our work and the results personally and that leads to an extremely loyal customer base that fuels our business with their positive word-of-mouth and repeat purchases. If you are the type who takes pride in your work and values amazing service, you will fit right in.
We have stores in two markets—Columbus and Cincinnati—and aim to continue our growth. As we emerge from the pandemic lean but strong, we are looking for amazing people who can play key roles in the growth of the company. And the bar is high, Pursuit has been consistently recognized for excellence because of our amazing people—twice named Columbus’ Top Fashion / Apparel Company by Columbus Underground, Best Menswear by Columbus Wedding Magazine twice, and have been recognized as an Outstanding Diversity Organization by Columbus Business First—to name a few.
On top of the day to day responsibilities in the shop you will be involved in some of the most powerful community partnerships of any small business—we work with amazing and inspiring people in the sports world like the Cincinnati Bengals, US Olympic Men’s Curling Team, and Columbus Crew along with amazing musicians like Bon Iver, Trampled by Turtles, CAAMP, and more through our In Pursuit Series and great community partners like Pelotonia, Hot Chicken Takeover, and various organizations at The Ohio State University.
If you have been looking for a career where your contributions truly matter every day to your customers, company, and community this is your place.
Key Daily Responsibilities
- Guiding customers through the design and fitting process
- Consulting with couples as they plan their Pursuit weddings
- Adapting your approach the each unique individual you work with
- Delivering approachable style advice and backing it up with the way you dress
- Operational tasks from order management to stock levels to visual merchandising
- Coaching your team and providing constant communication to company leadership
- Trouble shooting challenging fits and fully booked calendars to deliver amazing service
What you can expect from us:
- Thoughtful training delivered by our owner and leadership to set you up for success
- A small team of co-workers who genuinely care and help each other out
- A constant desire to improve as people and as a company
- Opportunities to do cool things that are highly unusual in the retail world
What we expect from you:
- Great to work with—your customers and your co-workers love you
- Sweat the details—amazing results come from you caring about every detail
- Calm under pressure—you keep your cool while challenging situations arise
- Terrific communication skills—you listen attentively and communicate clearly and with empathy
- Outstanding professionalism—you earn respect from all you come in contact
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor—this is fun and we don’t take ourselves too seriously
- Enjoy working retail hours—evening and weekends are key to the role
- Retail or service industry management experience—track record of results leading in a retail setting
- Bachelor’s degree—we value higher education as a business that started as an Ohio State class project
- Thoughtful cover letter—we want to know why you are passionate about this opportunity and joining Pursuit
To apply fill out this application: https://pur.st/ManagerSN